Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New TRON Legacy Trailer YAY!!!

Ok ok ok… It’s Jazel here, and I grew up in the 80’s. Ahhhhh…the 80’s.  The 80’s is where I watched my first anime series called Star Blazers, went to the theater to catch the original Transformers the Movie, and watched The Empire Strikes Back.  It was a time where all 7-Eleven’s had arcade units, and I ran home to play on my Atari 2600 and checked the mailbox for the latest issue of Texas Instruments, so I could type up code to play a game (every issue had several pages of code you had to type to make a game). One day this commercial came on for a movie where the people’s clothing all glowed and special effects were awesome. At the end of the commercial was the word TRON. So I begged my uncle to take me, and I was blown away by the cutting edge graphics and the fancy lingo they used. I was instantly a fan.

Well here we are now in 2010, and Hollywood is slowly eating themselves from the inside out with all of their remakes, reboots, prequels and book to movie adaptations, so what makes TRON any different? I caught the first screen test online and was kind of stoked because the technology to do it right was here but a little disappointed because I thought it was a yet another remake.  It wasn’t until I caught the first trailer in 3D while watching Alice in Wonderland that I was washed over with nostalgia. The feeling of urgency to relive my past with all the bells and whistles of today’s technology. I think the saving grace of this movie is that it can stand alone. You don’t have to watch the first one to get it. Its not a remake, reboot or prequel that Hollywood has scavenged from the graveyard of IP’s.

Well enough of me. Here’s the latest full trailer for TRON: Legacy  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have at it.